Monday, January 19, 2009

Kathy's Outpatient Surgery



I had surgery on my wrist last Friday, the 16th. I started having pain/weakness a little over a year and a half ago. I mentioned it to my family doctor after about a year because the pain was becoming worse. I was referred to an orthopedist who told me that I had something called Stenosing Tenosynovitis. I was given a cortisone shot which solved the problem for 8 months. The pain came back and the tendon in my wrist 'popped' and made a bump protrude. It was strange looking! I saw the orthopedist again in early January and the surgery was scheduled. The pictures posted on here are three days after surgery, and actually look much better. I'm still feeling pain, but that's to be expected for another 10 or 11 more days. It's so odd to not be able to do things with my left hand, or do simple tasks that require two hands...like natural necessities. :-(

1 comment:

MICARA said...

well, i hope it goes well and you will continue to heal. my big surgery is scheduled for Feb 11th. hang in there sweetie.